Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Traditions

Saturday night we drove around looking at some Christmas lights. We stopped at one house in our friend's neighborhood that invites you to get out of your car and look at their pretty impressive (not too gaudy) display of lights throughout their backyard. Henry liked the trains and Santa flying an airplane best.

Last Sunday, we went to visit Santa at Jalene's friend's not-for-profit organization (sure, I'll take this opportunity to recognize their wonderful organization, check them out at http://www.wegrowdreams.org/).
 Well we're still waiting... for that picture of Henry screaming or crying while sitting on Santa's lap.
Last weekend we started a family Christmas tradition that is a favorite one for many families. Baking cookies and best of all decorating cookies, or as Henry calls them "Tooties".



Henry did a great job decorating his first sugar cookies. We think he may have done this somewhere else already...but he didn't tell us since he did so well.


I was sad that we didn't have any red hots, for me to make a "Red Hot Santa". When I was growing up we always made "Red Hot Santa's" which consisted of how many red hots you could fit on a Santa. Mmm!

Henry wanted to wear the Santa hat which he has now claimed as his hat.

I know it's blurry...it's the camera mans fault...
It's the best action shot Joe got of both of us decorating cookies.
We do have some other cookies/baked goods we'd like to make but we might not have time until after Christmas this year. Better late then never, right?!


Not bad, ay? Henry would have kept piling on decorations if we let him.



Mmm....the final test! Henry agreed the cookies he decorated tasted great!

2 comments:

  1. Good looking tooties Henry, I bet they taste good too. Love the video, he is speaking so clearly! Did he get a haircut since we saw him at Thanksgiving? We love you guys, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Dude! Way to keep up the family traditions. Our cookie baking was spread over about 3 days this year because of my cold, but we did finish up tonight. I now have 9 plates of cookies sitting on my counter for teachers tomorrow. Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete